This policy explains what cookies are and explains how, as well as why, they may be stored on and accessed from your computer or device when you use our websites, and when accessing all of our journals and other products from our site, including www.nbejn.org.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
- We want to make our website, and the services we provide, useful and reliable.
- This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information called cookies on your computer, mobile phone or other device used to access the Internet.
- Cookies are text files placed on your computer. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, enabling you to use services you have specifically asked for and remembering your preferences. They also give website operators useful, non-personal information about how people use their website.
- Cookies will also collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the site and to compile statistical reports on site activity.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary/functionality cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site. They are also used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, provide enhanced, more personal features, and allows us to greet you by name and remember your preferences). They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Analytical cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Marketing cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.